The Jaguar Daimler Heritage Trust Archive is based at the British Motor Museum in Gaydon, Warwickshire. The Archive welcome researchers who would like to visit and enjoy the wide selection of Jaguar-related literature on our open-shelves or to consult original archival material.
The JDHT Archive shares the Reading Room of the British Motor Museum, Gaydon. If you would like to come and conduct your own research please observe the following regulations:
- Admission to the Reading Room for the purpose of archival research is free.
- The Reading Room is open for research during the hours of 10:00–16:30 Monday-Thursday, 10:00–16:00 Friday.
- All Readers will be required to obtain a Reader’s Ticket, which is valid for a year. Please bring a valid form of identification that confirms your identity and residence, such as a driving license or a recent utility bill.
- All Readers must give a minimum of seven days notice of any intended visit.
- Please consult our Catalogues below to identify material of interest.
- Many of the collections are currently in the process of being catalogued. Completed catalogues can be found below. If the material you are interested in has not yet been catalogued, please outline your research aims in your telephone call/email and the Archive Team will provide a list of suitable material.
- Please use pencil only for note-taking.
- Please keep noise to a minimum so not to disturb other Readers.
- Eating and drinking are not permitted in the reading room. There is a café available on site.
- Bags are not permitted.
- Hand-held and flat-bed scanners are not permitted.
- Digital photography, including camera phones, is permitted for some classes of records. Permits are available for the cost of £6 per day (£12 per week). You can order a Permit when you book your appointment.
To make an appointment in the Reading Room, please telephone +44 (0)1926 646385 or email email@example.com
The Archive Team are progressively compiling catalogues of all Jaguar Daimler Heritage Trust archive materials to ISAD(g) standards. The collections which have been catalogued are listed below. Additional catalogues will be added as they are completed.
Please contact the Archive Team if you have any queries about these collections.