If you are unable to visit the Archive Reading Room to consult archive material, require us to search for visual material (for personal use)* or want to ask a question about your vehicle, you can submit a Research Enquiry to our Archive Department.
– Archive material has been made available for personal research only and must not been used for any commercial activities of any kind. Where publication may occur in the future, it must be declared to the Head Archivist and additional permission must be sought.
– The findings of the research should not be explicitly shared with other parties.
– We cannot supply chassis, engine, body or gearbox numbers. However, we can confirm whether the numbers you have provided match the numbers recorded in our Build Ledgers.
– The response to your Research Enquiry is provided via email and will not be accepted by registration authorities. If you require a formal document you will need to order a Heritage Certificate. Or if you require copies of archive material this will incur additional fees.
– Some collections maybe subject to statutory closure periods or restrictions in line with Intellectual Property and Data Protection Legislation.
– Please allow 28 days for your order to be processed.
The cost of a Research Enquiry is £35 plus VAT per hour. We charge the first hour to check if we can answer the enquiry. If we cannot answer your question, or after consulting the archive material we are unable to answer your questions, we do not offer a refund since this is part of the research process. If research takes longer than one hour, we will contact you for further payment.
All researchers must declare they agree with the Regulations for consulting archive material.
All income generated from archive services are put towards the work of Jaguar Daimler Heritage Trust in its role of preserving the heritage of Jaguar and its predecessor companies for the future.