2017 Jaguar XE Project 8 Development Prototype VE67 OHR
Project 8 was announced in May 2018 as the ‘World’s Fastest Saloon’ based on the Jaguar XE, with 600 PS from a 5.0 litre Supercharged V8 engine and is the most powerful, road legal, Jaguar in history. Total production was limited to 300 cars worldwide, each one hand-assembled at the SVO Technical Centre in Warwickshire, England. Available in either ‘two-seat – Track Pack’ version or a ‘road-biased four-seater’ – both exclusively available in left hand drive.
Prototype versions were tested at proving grounds across Europe including the Nürburgring Nordschleife achieving the fastest lap ever for a 4 door saloon car on the Nordschleife at 7 min 18.4 seconds. Project 8 also holds saloon car records at Laguna Seca (USA) and the Dubai Autodrome which means it holds records on three continents.
This car has had a fairly busy life as a development car, used for a whole series of engineering work and was then used at the Press Launch of the Project 8 at Portimao in Portugal in May 2018. It was used to develop the lower profile spoiler for the ‘Touring Pack’ which was announced on 5 June 2019. Only 15 Project 8 vehicles with the Touring Pack were made, all in the four-seat configuration.
Engineering development work carried out includes:
- Emissions certification
- Electrical integration sign off – including parking sensor tuning
- Static part fitment trials
- Wind tunnel aerodynamic development at FKFS Stuttgart
- Fume ingress testing at Millbrook
- NVH (Noise Vibration and Harshness) exhaust development and sign off
- Press launch at Portimao, Portugal- used on track by 30+ journalists over 10 days, completed 1,800 miles of hard track work
- Transmissions sign off
- Vehicle dynamics sign off for CVD (Continuously Variable Damping) and EPAS (Electric Power Assisted Steering) – in both track and normal modes
- High speed stability and SCS (Stability Control Systems) covering Traction Control, Anti-lock Brakes System and Intelligent Driveline dynamics for both dry and wet handling
- Touring Pack (lip spoiler) sign off
Registration Mark: VE67 OHR
Chassis Number: SAJAA4BE0KSX05407
Owner: Jaguar Daimler Heritage Trust
Inventory Number: 213/J.149