Swallow to Jaguar Centenary at Gaydon September 2022Saturday 3rd September 9:30am 5:00pm
The Jaguar Daimler Heritage Trust will be celebrating the Centenary of the formation of the Swallow Sidecar Company, which evolved into SS Cars and ultimately Jaguar Cars, with a series of events throughout 2022.
Our main event of the Centenary year will be our Swallow Centenary day on Saturday 3rd September 2022.
This will follow the format of the successful Jaguars at Gaydon events that we held in September 2020 and 2021.
We are planning to include a ‘closed arena’ so that special cars can be driven in for display and we have already booked that well-known walking Jaguar encyclopaedia, Bob Beecham as commentator for the day.
In between Jaguar related activities in the Arena, you will be entertained by ‘My Favourite Things’.
This is a friendly and informal gathering and not restricted to members of any specific Jaguar club. We will welcome any owner from the Swallow Register, Wolseley Hornet Specials Club, Daimler and Lanchester Owners Club, Jaguar Breakfast Club, Jaguar Drivers’ Club, Jaguar Enthusiasts’ Club, XJS Club, XK8 Enthusiasts Club, XK Car Club or non club members are welcome to join us for a great day out.
We are gathering together a really interesting collection of cars for the event – among others:
- We have just received on short term loan a second Swallow Sidecar to join the Model 4 Sidecar attached to our own Brough Superior. We are talking to another sidecar owner so may end up with three on the day.
- Members of the Swallow Register have promised a number of early Swallows bodied cars.
- A two seater Wolseley Hornet Special Swallow.
- We will be bringing our Swift Swallow out of storage.
- We are expecting a number of early SSes to represent the SS Cars years including our 1935 SS1 Airline which represented JDHT in the Great British History category at the London Concours in June.
- 1961 E-type ECD 400 – the first race winning E-type – driven to victory at Oulton Park by Graham Hill
- We plan to bring the XJ13 out of the museum. The last time this was on display outside the Museum was in November 2019 at the NEC and it was last run a couple of years ago – taking in a couple of laps of the Coventry Ring Road at Coventry Motofest.
- Bringing things a bit more up to date we have a very special Lister XJS coming
- and more…..
If you plan on bringing a car that you would like to join us in the Arena and tell us why it is special to you, then book a ticket (see below) and email us on enquiries@JaguarHeritage.com with details of your car and we will sort out some suitable parking for you.
We have allocated some club space for the Jaguar Drivers’ Club and the Jaguar Enthusiasts’ Club which between them will be able to cover off displays of virtually all of the post war Jaguar era.
From early Sidecars, through Swallow-bodied cars, the transition to SS Cars and then the post-war change to Jaguar we believe we will have a truly unique range of cars on display to suitably celebrate the Centenary of the founding of the Swallow Sidecar Company in 1922.
There are number of ticket options for the event and we recommend you book in advance.
- Vehicle Exhibitors Day Ticket – Join the Jaguar displays for just £10 per adult and £7 per child, including entry to display the vehicle and admission to the Museum and Collections Centre. Tickets give admission to the meet, Museum and Collections Centre on the event day only.
- Standard tickets cost just £14.50 per adult, £9 per child, £12.50 per concession and £40 for a family.
- When booking your ticket, choose to donate your entry fee and in return we’ll convert your ticket to an Annual Pass at no extra cost. This will give you 12 months free entry, excluding up to 5 exempt event days. You will also have the chance to Gift Aid your donation. Please be a Gift Aid visitor if you can, it makes a big difference to the Museum charity. This can only be done at the time of booking.
- Anyone who is already an Annual Pass Holder, British Motor Museum Member or Premium Member can visit the event for free.